Adjunct Faculty in the Intensive English Language Program
The School of Humanities, Religion, and Social Sciences seeks applications for adjunct faculty to instruct courses in the Intensive English Language Program.
- Master’s degree in TESOL, linguistics with an ESL emphasis, or related field;
- Teaching experience in ESL at the college level;
- Experience in, or aptitude for, teaching international students;
- Ability to work with students, staff and faculty in a collegial environment;
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the university’s mission of Christ-centered teaching and learning and involvement in a local church.
- Terminal degree in TESOL, linguistics with an ESL emphasis, or related field;
- College level teaching experience.
Fresno Pacific University offers undergraduate and graduate programs that stress solid academic preparation and a strong ethical foundation. Some 3,700 traditional and adult students attend classes on the main campus in southeast Fresno or centers in North Fresno, Visalia, Bakersfield and Merced as well as online. The university also reaches about 10,000 students through professional development studies. FPU has the highest four-year graduation rate of any Central Valley college or university, is a Hispanic ServingInstitution, with a Hispanic student population of 35 percent, and is one of the top 10 HSIs nationally in graduating Hispanic students. The Valley’s only comprehensive Christian university granting master’s degrees, the university is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and ranked in the top tier among western universities—master’s category by U.S. News & World Report. FPU is affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Church, and all employees express a personal Christian commitment and support the Christian mission of the university. A description of the unique quality of FPU as an academic community can be found in the Fresno Pacific University Idea at fresno.edu/about/fpu_idea.
Download and complete an application form.
Send a letter of application, a completed adjunct application form (including personal statements), curriculum vita, three letters of reference (including one pastoral), and transcripts or placement file to:
- Chandra Johnson
- Director, ALPS/Intensive English Language Program
- Fresno Pacific University
- School of HRSS
- 1717 S. Chestnut Ave., Box 2301
- Fresno, CA 93702
- Or email: FPUProv@fresno.edu
Fresno Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnic or social background, sex, age, or physical handicap in its hiring practices. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply.