Adjunct Faculty of Spanish
The School of Humanities, Religion, and Social Sciences seeks applications for an adjunct faculty to instruct Spanish.
- Master’s degree in Spanish or related field;
- Teaching experience in Spanish at the high school or college level;
- Strong commitment to teaching language and culture at all levels of the Spanish language curriculum;
- Native or near-native fluency in Spanish;
- Experience in, or aptitude for, undergraduate-level teaching;
- Ability to work with students, staff and faculty in a collegial environment;
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the university’s mission of Christ-centered teaching and learning and involvement in a local church.
- Terminal degree in Spanish or related field;
- College level teaching experience;
- Experience with Peninsular literature and translation;
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse student body as well as promote diversity.
Fresno Pacific University offers undergraduate and graduate programs that stress solid academic preparation and a strong ethical foundation. Some 3,500 traditional and adult students attend classes on the main campus in southeast Fresno or centers in North Fresno, Visalia, Bakersfield and Merced as well as online. The university also reaches about 10,000 students through professional development studies. FPU has the highest four-year graduation rate of any Central Valley college or university, is a Hispanic Serving Institution, with a Hispanic student population of 35 percent, and is one of the top 10 HSIs nationally in graduating Hispanic students. The Valley’s only comprehensive Christian university granting master’s degrees, the university is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and ranked in the top tier among western universities—master’s category by U.S. News & World Report. FPU is affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Church, and all employees express a personal Christian commitment and support the Christian mission of the university. A description of the unique quality of FPU as an academic community can be found in the Fresno Pacific University Idea.
Download and complete an application form.
Submit letter of application addressing qualifications; current curriculum vita; evidence of teaching effectiveness; and three recent professional references (including one pastoral), and transcripts or placement file to:
- Jodie Tally
- School of Humanities, Religion, and Social Sciences
- Fresno Pacific University
- 1717 S. Chestnut Ave. Fresno, CA 93702
- Or email: FPUProv@fresno.edu
Fresno Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnic or social background, sex, age, or physical handicap in its hiring practices. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply.