Adjunct Faculty in Special Education
Adjunct faculty, as needed, in the School of Education
Fresno Main Campus
The special education program at Fresno Pacific University offers preliminary and level two education specialist credentials in mild/moderate, moderate/severe, physical and health impairments, and early childhood special education. Additionally, the program offers added authorizations in early childhood, resource specialist and autism as well as a master’s degree in special education. The program graduates are well prepared and highly desired in the educational community in California’s Central Valley. The special education division anticipates offerings for the clear education specialist credential, adapted physical education added authorization and the emotional disturbance added authorization in fall 2014.
Faculty member will
- Teach courses as assigned.
- Collaborate with faculty and lead instructor for course(s) taught.
- Author new course work as requested.
- Collaborate with faculty and advisory board regarding new program and course development.
- Earned master’s degree in special education or closely related field;
- California special education teaching credential;
- Experience in special education classroom, birth – age 22;
- Ability to work with students, staff and faculty in a collegial environment;
- Ability to teach and work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds;
- Information oriented computer skills;
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the university’s mission of Christ-centered teaching and learning and involvement in a local church.
- Doctorate in special education or a related field;
- Expertise in working with mild/moderate, moderate/severe, physical & health impairment, emotionally disturbed, adaptive physical education, and early childhood special education;
- Special education program leadership.
Download and complete an application form.
Send a letter of application, a completed adjunct faculty application form (including personal statements), curriculum vita, three letters of reference (including one pastoral), and transcripts to:
- Gary Gramenz, Ph. D.
- Fresno Pacific University
- School of Education, Box 2001
- 1717 S. Chestnut Avenue
- Fresno, CA 93702
- Or email: FPUProv@fresno.edu
Fresno Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnic or social background, sex, age, or physical handicap in its hiring practices. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply.