Campus Safety Officer
Department: Campus Safety Officer
Reports to: Director of Campus Safety
Time Commitment: 40 hours per week
All campus safety officers provide for the safety and security of university faculty staff, students, guests and property. Campus safety officers patrol assigned areas on campus by motor vehicle, golf cart, foot, and/or bicycle, providing protection of life and property. Officers check for suspicious activity or persons, safety and security hazards, fires, and vandalism. This position primarily keeps the peace, conducts investigations, submits reports, enforces parking laws, and responds to medical emergencies and illness calls. Other duties may be assigned to help accomplish the mission of the Department of Campus Safety.
- Uphold the “Founded on Christ” mission of Fresno Pacific University at all times.
- Exhibit unfaltering commitment to the Fresno Pacific University Idea and agreement to support its ideals and practices while employed by the university.
- Be Christ -centered in all areas while working with other staff members, students and guests.
- Provide assistance to faculty, staff, students and members of the public.
- Investigate and/or report hazards, crimes and unusual or suspicious activity or persons.
- Check doors, open and secure buildings, provide shuttle service and other assistance.
- Supervise the operation of the Security Control Center, including monitoring security cameras, receiving and proiritizing emergency and non-emergency calls, and dispatching appropriate personnel.
- Escort unauthorized/unwanted or disruptive visitors from university property.
- Perform other duties as assigned including facility maintenance and special event services.
- Attend assigned training as directed.
- One year experience in law enforcement and/or security or any equivalent combination of experience and training approved by Human Resources.
- Possession of a high school diploma acquired from an accredited high school or GED equivalent testing program.
- Possession of a valid California Driver’s License, excellent driving record and personal history.
- Possession of a valid B.S.I.S Guard card, impact weapon and OC endorsement’s.
- Possession of, or willingness to obtain, CPR and First Aid certificate.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with the public, faculty, staff and students.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make prompt decisions regarding issues that arise.
- Ability to work various shifts, including nights, graveyards, weekends and holidays as required.
- Possession of, or willingness to obtain, an EMT Basic (Emergency Medical Technician) certification.
- Ability to pass a university background investigation.
- Desire to accept collateral assignments as part of regular duties.
Physically and mentally able to perform the essential duties of the position without hazard to themselves or others, including working at heights in excess of 20 feet; moderate to heavy lifting (up to 75 pounds); sitting, standing, climbing and walking for extended period of time; driving a vehicle and motorized equipment; operating a bicycle; bending, kneeling and reaching, hearing and speaking at normal levels to communicate effectively with others; near and far visual acuity and depth perception; and dexterity of hands and finger to operate equipment.
Fresno Pacific University provides equal opportunity for employment without regard for race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. The university reserves the right to fill positions before the application deadline or to extend the deadline as circumstances may warrant.