Campus Safety Security Guard - All Regional Centers
Department: Campus Safety Security Guard
Reports to: Campus Safety
Time Commitment: 20 hours per week
- Uphold the “Founded on Christ” mission of Fresno Pacific University at all times.
- Unfaltering commitment to the Fresno Pacific University Idea and agreement to support its ideals and practices while employed by the university.
- Be Christ -centered in all areas while working with other staff members, students, and including all regional centers.
- Represent the university and manage a professional and active relationship with students, faculty, staff and guests to understand the university’s unique needs.
- Patrol assigned areas on foot, bicycle or by vehicle, checking for suspicious activity or persons, safety and security hazards, fires, and vandalism.
- Provide assistance to faculty, staff, students and members of the public.
- Report hazards, crimes, and unusual or suspicious activity or persons.
- Check doors, open and secure buildings, provides security escort service and other assistance.
- Escort unauthorized/unwanted or disruptive visitors from university property.
- Perform other duties as assigned including facility maintenance and special event services.
- Attend assigned training as directed.
- Demonstrated personal Christian faith and commitment to the Christian mission of the university.
- One year experience in law enforcement and/or security or any equivalent combination of experience and training approved by human resources.
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license, excellent driving record and personal history.
- Possession of a valid B.S.I.S Guard card, impact weapon and OC endorsement’s.
- Possession of, or willingness to obtain, CPR and First Aid certificate.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with the public, faculty, staff and students.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make prompt decisions regarding issues that arise.
- Ability to work various shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays as required.
- Ability to pass a university background investigation and DMV check.
- Attendance and punctuality.
- Perform the essential duties of the position without hazard to themselves or others.
- Ability to walk, sit, stand, climb and walk for extended period of time.
- Ability to drive a vehicle and motorized equipment or operate bicycle.
- Ability to reach, bend, kneel, crouch and dexterity of hands and finger to operate equipment.
- Vision abilities required by this job include the ability to see near and far visual acuity and depth perception.
- Ability to talk and hear.
- Ability to drive a vehicle.
Fresno Pacific University provides equal opportunity for employment without regard for race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. The university reserves the right to fill positions before the application deadline or to extend the deadline as circumstances may warrant.