Director of Facilities and Services
Department: Facilities Division
Reports to: Vice President of Operations
Time Commitment: 40+ hours per week
- Uphold the “Founded on Christ” mission of Fresno Pacific University at all times.
- Exhibit unfaltering commitment to the “The Fresno Pacific University Idea” and agreement to support its ideals and practices while employed by the university.
- Be Christ-centered in all areas while working with other staff members, students and guests.
- Provide leadership, supervision and staff development to the facilities department, including day-to-day operations.
- Maintain a positive, friendly, helpful, service focus throughout the department at all times.
- Provide operational, strategic and fiscal leadership and planning for all aspects of the multiple campus facilities and grounds.
- Identify and communicate the facility/grounds implications of campus and university strategic plan goals and anticipate changes and emerging trends in the related industry (such as energy costs) that impact the university’s resources.
- Serve on various committees and groups where requested, ensuring strategic plan alignment and implementation.
- Develop and implement short and long term objectives and priorities for the facilities department that are in alignment with the university mission and strategic plan.
- Develop, recommend and implement plans, policies and procedures for increasing the sustainability of university facilities and operations.
- Provide ongoing, effective communication with all campus constituencies in support of faculty, students and staff.
- Represent the university by participating in the appropriate external groups to build partnerships with business, industry, government and other educational institutions.
- Provide regular reporting on the assessment and effectiveness of facilities/grounds and the department.
- Prepare, review and submit department budgets to the vice president of operations.
- Prepare five-year capital budget plan which is updated annually.
- Other responsibilities and projects as assigned.
- Demonstrated personal Christian faith and commitment to the Christian mission of the university.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, architecture, construction, business, management or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of four or more years’ experience in facilities or construction management in an educational institution or facility of comparable scope and scale.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Word and Excel.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; customer service orientation and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated organizational capabilities, detail orientation and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, follow directions and procedures and make prompt decisions with minimal direction.
- Must be able to handle and work with interruptions during normal office hours.
- Supervisory and employee training experience.
- Ability to effectively work with suppliers, contractors, volunteers and student workers.
- Ability to interact with faculty, staff, students and the public in a professional manner.
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license, excellent driving record and personal history.
- Ability to work various shifts, including nights, weekend and holidays as required.
- Indoor work environment.
- Perform the following, with or without reasonable accommodation: stand, sit, kneel, stoop, reach, lift, grasp, finger, see (near and far) for reading and data analysis on a computer screen, hear and talk for ordinary conversation and telephone calls.
- Perform analytical and cognitive thinking and decision making.
- Approximately 90% of this position’s duties require use of a computer.
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Attendance and punctuality.
- Travel alone between campuses.
- Based on the main campus of Fresno Pacific University.
Fresno Pacific University provides equal opportunity for employment without regard for race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. The university reserves the right to fill positions before the application deadline or to extend the deadline as circumstances may warrant.