Faculty in Biology
Full-time, one-year appointment with faculty rank; non-continuing status track (non-tenure), 9 month faculty appointment in the School of Natural Sciences.
The biology department invites applications for a full-time, one-year appointment in biology with the possibility of application for a continuing status (internal track comparable to tenure) position next year.
Teach courses from among the following (depending upon faculty expertise and departmental need): non-majors introductory biology, majors general biology (diversity & ecology), human physiology, biochemistry, invertebrate zoology, bioethics, microbiology and biological research methods.
- Master’s degree in a field of biological science;
- Record or promise of scholarly achievement;
- Participate in scholarly, departmental and university activities;
- Mentor and advise pre-health or biology majors (as well as general education students);
- Evidence of potential for excellent college-level instruction;
- Ability to work with students, staff and faculty in a collegial environment;
- Ability to integrate biology and Christian faith;
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the university’s mission of Christ-centered teaching and learning and involvement in a local church.
- Doctorate in a field of biological science;
- Desire to participate in and develop research projects with undergraduate students.
Download an complete a faculty application. (Use a browser other than Firefox to open a writable application.)
Send a letter of application, a completed faculty application form (including personal statements), curriculum vita, three letters of reference (including one pastoral), and transcripts or placement file to:
- Karen Cianci, Ph.D.
- Dean of the School of Natural Sciences
- Fresno Pacific University
- 1717 S. Chestnut Avenue
- Fresno, CA 93702
- Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fresno Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnic or social background, sex, age, or physical handicap in its hiring practices. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply.