Faculty in Business with a specialty in Marketing, Logistics, Project Management, Accounting, or Finance
Professor/program director reports to the dean of the School of Business for undergraduate level business programs. Must be able to work at FPU main campus as well as the regional centers (Bakersfield, Merced, North Fresno, and Visalia).
Full-time, with faculty rank; continuing status track; 9 or 10 month faculty appointment in the School of Business.
- Teaching assignment within the undergraduate degree program in the business core and concentration area (upper division). Teaching assignments will include traditional and degree completion undergraduate programs based on the candidates’ education and previous experience.
- Communicate regularly with the dean and program director regarding program needs and direction.
- Lead course development, direction, review, and coordinate syllabi contents to ensure program-learning outcomes are addressed and achieved.
Student Recruitment and Advising:
- Assist in recruiting candidates, answering inquiries, conducting interviews with potential students, reviewing application files, and making recommendation regarding admittance when requested.
External Partnership Development:
- Investigate and apply for grants that will expand the program reach and enhance its effectiveness.
- Earned terminal degree in appropriate field of study (candidates with a master’s degree, or those nearing terminal degree completion, may be considered); all faculty are required to have, or be willing to complete, a terminal degree.
- Demonstrated teaching experience in marketing, project management, accounting, or finance.
- Record or promise of scholarly achievement.
- Demonstrated success for college-level curriculum development and teaching for undergraduate business courses.
- Ability to work collegially with students, staff, and faculty.
- Ability to teach and work with persons with diverse cultural, religious, political, and educational perspectives.
- Strong relational, oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve problems and barriers to organizational success.
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the university’s mission of Christ-centered teaching and learning, and involvement in a local church.
- Successful business/leadership experience.
- Successful leadership, management, or administration experience.
- Evidence of successful goal setting and achievement under minimal supervision with conditions of ambiguity.
- Familiarity with Fresno Pacific University and/or the regions where the regional centers are located.
Download an complete a faculty application. (Use a browser other than Firefox to open a writable application.)
Send a letter of application, a completed faculty application form (including personal statements), curriculum vita, three letters of reference (including one pastoral), and transcripts or placement file to:
- John Kilroy, Ph.D.
- School of Business, Box 2303
- Fresno Pacific University
- 1717 S. Chestnut Avenue
- Fresno, CA 93702
- Or email: FPUProv@fresno.edu
Fresno Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnic or social background, sex, age, or physical handicap in its hiring practices. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply.