Faculty in Kinesiology
The search committee is looking for a scholar - teacher who is dynamic, enthusiastic, Christ-centered, and desiring to be part of a team that is shaping the future of the undergraduate and graduate programs within the Kinesiology Division.
Teach undergraduate and online graduate courses within the kinesiology curriculum, such as physical education pedagogy courses, assessment, curriculum design, kinesiology foundations (e.g., values, philosophy, history), fitness, and activity-based courses; other program areas possible (e.g., exercise science, motor behavior) depending upon background and interests.
Additional responsibilities include student advising and participation in school and university life.
The successful candidate must be able to communicate Christian faith and demonstrate the integration of faith into the classroom.
- Doctorate (ABD considered) in physical education, exercise science, or other kinesiology discipline;
- Commitment to undergraduate instruction;
- Record or promise of scholarly achievement;
- Mentor and advise kinesiology majors (as well as general education students);
- Ability to work with students, staff and faculty in a collegial environment;
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the university’s mission of Christ-centered teaching and learning and involvement in a local church.
- K-12 teaching experience;
- College teaching experience;
- Experience in distance-learning or online teaching.
Download and complete an application form.
Send a letter of application, a completed faculty application form (including personal statements), curriculum vitae, three letters of reference (including one pastoral), and transcripts or placement file to:
- Karen Cianci, Ph. D.
- School of NS, Box 2304
- Fresno Pacific University
- 1717 S. Chestnut Avenue
- Fresno, CA 93702
- OR: email FPUProv@fresno.edu
Fresno Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnic or social background, sex, age, or physical handicap in its hiring practices. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply.