Program Director of the Undergraduate Business Management Program
Full-time, with faculty rank; non-continuing status track (non-tenure); 11 month faculty appointment in the School of Business.
The professor/program director reports to the dean of the School of Business for leadership and management of high quality undergraduate level business program that achieves approved academic, financial, and community building outcomes and that advances the values of the Fresno Pacific Idea and the Statement of Faith. The professor/program director must be able to work in the FPU Regional Centers (Bakersfield, Merced, North Fresno, Visalia) as well as the main campus.
- Teach within the undergraduate degree program. Teaching assignments will include traditional and degree completion undergraduate programs based on the candidates’ education and previous experience.
- Communicate regularly with program faculty and adjuncts regarding program needs and direction.
- Oversee program development, direction, review, and coordinate syllabi contents to ensure program-learning outcomes are addressed and achieved.
- Conduct program reviews and annual student learning outcomes assessment process recommendations, for program modifications, with program faculty.
Student Recruitment and Advising:
- Assist in recruiting candidates, answering inquiries, conducting interviews with potential students, reviewing application files, and making recommendations regarding admittance when requested;
- Coordinate advising/mentoring of students in the major/program.
- Respond to student, faculty and staff requests, needs, complaints and/or grievances as needed in a timely manner;
- Communicate regularly with School of Business staff regarding course schedules and faculty assignments.
- Organize/supervise extra-curricular activities of the major/program.
External Partnership Development:
- Initiate relationships/partnerships with external organizations, agencies, and educational institutions.
- Investigate and apply for grants that will expand the program reach and enhance its effectiveness.
- Terminal degree related to business education; ABD status will be considered.
- Demonstrated success in organizational leadership, management, or administration.
- Record or promise of scholarly achievement.
- Demonstrated success for college-level curriculum development and teaching for undergraduate business courses.
- Ability to work collegially with students, staff, and faculty.
- Ability to teach and work with persons with diverse cultural, religious, political, and educational perspectives.
- Strong relational, oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve problems and barriers to organizational success.
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the university’s mission of Christ-centered teaching and learning and involvement in a local church.
- Successful business/leadership experience.
- Successful leadership, management, or administration in a Christian higher education setting.
- Evidence of successful goal setting and achievement under minimal supervision with conditions of ambiguity.
- Familiarity with Fresno Pacific University and/or the regions where the regional centers are located.
Download and complete a faculty application. (Use a browser other than Firefox to open a writable application).
Send a letter of application, a completed faculty application form (including personal statements), curriculum vita, three letters of reference (including one pastoral), and transcripts or placement file to:
- John Kilroy, Ph.D.
- School of Business, Box 2303
- Fresno Pacific University
- 1717 S. Chestnut Avenue
- Fresno, CA 93702
- Or email: FPUProv@fresno.edu
Fresno Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnic or social background, sex, age, or physical handicap in its hiring practices. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply.