Regional Center Director of Business Programs - Visalia
Full-time, with faculty rank; non-continuing status track (non-tenure); 11 month faculty appointment in the School of Business.
This administrative faculty position reports to the dean of the School of Business for leadership and management of high quality bachelors and masters level business programs that achieve approved academic, financial, and community building outcomes and that advance the values of the Fresno Pacific Idea and the Statement of Faith.
- Lead in identifying and recommending for appointment regular and adjunct business faculty who can help provide a highly regarded student learning experience in all business courses offered at the regional center.
- Teach approximately half time in business courses offered at the center with exemplary effectiveness as measured by data on student satisfaction, achievement of student learning outcomes, and faculty peer evaluation.
- Enhance the effectiveness of all learning experiences, including ensuring the collection and use of student and peer evaluation of all business faculty in all courses offered at the center.
- Identify and preempt or resolve all situations that might mitigate the quality or reputation of business programs, teaching, or learning at the center.
- Represent the School of Business in the local educational, business, and faith communities in ways that enhance business enrollments at the center and that advance the Christ-centered, community-building purposes of Fresno Pacific University.
- Ensure coordination of all School of Business activities and facility usage at the center.
- Submit adjunct faculty contracts for teachers who have been granted adjunct faculty status.
- Ensure that all business teachers and students at the center are informed of all relevant policies, procedures, practices, and standards and assess and act on any significant non-compliance.
- Support and enhance teaching/learning excellence by various means, including direct classroom observations, conversations, and surveys.
- Inform the dean and program directors of any significant conditions or developments that could affect the success of the business programs, either positively or negatively
- Collaborate with all FPU admissions, advancement, community outreach, and regional center efforts in planning and operations related to the success of business programs at the center.
- Comply with all FPU policies and standards, and participate in School of Business faculty meetings in person or virtually, as directed by the dean.
- Terminal degree related to business education; ABD status will be considered.
- Demonstrated success in organizational leadership, management, or administration.
- Record or promise of scholarly achievement.
- Advise business students (as well as general education students).
- Demonstrated success or strong aptitude for college-level teaching.
- Ability to work collegially with students, staff, and faculty.
- Ability to teach and work with persons with diverse cultural, religious, political, and educational perspectives.
- Strong relational, oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve problems and barriers to organizational success.
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the university’s mission of Christ-centered teaching and learning and involvement in a local church.
- Successful business experience.
- Successful leadership, management, or administration in a Christian higher education setting.
- Evidence of successful goal setting and achievement under minimal supervision with conditions of ambiguity.
- Familiarity with Fresno Pacific University and/or the region where the regional center is located.
Download and complete a faculty application. (Use a browser other than Firefox to open a writable application).
Send a letter of application, a completed faculty application form (including personal statements), curriculum vita, three letters of reference (including one pastoral), and transcripts or placement file to:
- John Kilroy, Ph.D.
- School of Business, Box 2303
- Fresno Pacific University
- 1717 S. Chestnut Avenue
- Fresno, CA 93702
- Or email: FPUProv@fresno.edu
Fresno Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnic or social background, sex, age, or physical handicap in its hiring practices. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply.