Regional Center Executive Director
Reports to: Vice President for Enrollment Management and Student Services
Time Commitment: 40+ hours per week
The regional center executive director ensures the development and management of the regional centers and the Graduate and Degree Completion (GDC) Office. The leadership responsibilities of this job include fostering a collaborative team environment, establishing and achieving enrollment goals in the degree completion and graduate programs, establishing and maintaining viable operational processes as they relate to university admissions policies and practices, collaboratively developing and supporting student services in the regional centers, managing the allocated regional center budget and supervising the various center directors and lead staff including those in the GDC Office and all regional centers. Additionally, this position develops marketing and recruiting strategies with the appropriate FPU department leads, consults on program development and other program related issues with faculty, initiates and supports training and staff development as it relates to employee performance and enhanced program recruitment and works to foster good relations between the university administration, faculty, regional centers and the broader community.
- Uphold the “Founded on Christ” mission of Fresno Pacific University at all times.
- Continuous commitment to The Fresno Pacific University Idea and agreement to support its ideals and practices while employed by the university.
- Be Christ -centered in all areas while working with other staff members, students and guests.
- Serve as an articulate spokesperson for the mission, vision and values of Fresno Pacific University to regional centers and their communities.
- Serve as a liaison between the main campus academic community and the degree completion and graduate admissions process through the participation in a variety of campus academic leadership meetings, both formal and informal.
- In consultation with the marketing department and other specialists, develop and implement recruitment strategies as related to attracting new students and increasing enrollment.
- Maintain current and develop new external partnerships to further the mission of the regional centers.
- Oversee the management of the annual recruitment calendar and ensure the consistent communication of the process to all interested constituents, including the academic schools, marketing teams and regional centers.
- Assist the VPEM in the development of the annual budget.
- Develop and establish efficient and effective admissions processes at all centers and GDC in collaboration with faculty, regional centers and GDC leaders.
- Coordinate communication of policy and procedural changes from the academic schools to the regional centers/GDC team.
- Supervise the DC and graduate associate directors and oversee the GDC office professionals and student staff members.
- Supervise the regional center directors and oversee the regional center staff.
- Work with the directors to ensure adequate space in facilities, proper furnishings (including the use of technology), maintain and function appropriately and security.
- Develop and coordinate appropriate enrollment and customer service training in all centers.
- Track student information and analyze monthly, quarterly and annual reports as related to degree completion and graduate enrollment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated personal Christian faith and commitment to the Christian mission of the university.
- Master’s degree.
- Minimum of five or more years of experience in a leadership role; university leadership is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in transformative leadership with organizations and teams.
- Ability to work with adults in an educational or similar setting.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with diverse individuals and groups in all organizational levels, both inside and outside of the university.
- Excellent computer skills, which may include Microsoft Office programs, Salesforce and other relevant online applications.
- Ability to travel regionally and work evening events when needed.
- Ability to think analytically and problem-solve to enhance student enrollment, retention and success.
- Strong commitment to customer service.
- Familiar with advanced recruitment and marketing strategies.
- Familiar with enrollment and advising/financial aid procedures as related to higher education.
- Prior higher education, public education leadership, public relations and/or marketing experience helpful.
- Knowledge of FERPA requirements.
- Attendance and punctuality.
- Mobility within the office.
- Ability to use hands and fingers, to handle office equipment, records and files.
- Occasionally required to reach with arms and hands, and to stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Vision abilities required by this job include the ability to read and discern written data on paper and electronic documents.
- Ability to talk and hear.
- Perform analytical and cognitive thinking and decision making.
Fresno Pacific University provides equal opportunity for employment without regard for race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. The university reserves the right to fill positions before the application deadline or to extend the deadline as circumstances may warrant.