Administrative Assistant - Bakersfield Regional Center
Department: Bakersfield Regional Center
Reports to: Director of the Bakersfield Regional Center
Time Commitment: 40 hours per week
The administrative assistant will provide overall management and support for the administrative functions under the supervision of the director of the Bakersfield Regional Center. The responsibilities of this position include overseeing the front office, coordinating class locations, inventories, scheduling, correspondence and staff supplies and managing student folders. The person in this position must have extraordinary communication skills, be customer service focused and have excellent organization and time management skills.
- Uphold the “Founded on Christ” mission of Fresno Pacific University at all times.
- Unfaltering commitment to The Fresno Pacific University Idea and agreement to support its ideals and practices while employed by the university.
- Be Christ -centered in all areas while working with other staff members, students and guests.
- Represent the university and manage a professional and active relationship with various schools, departments and regional centers to understand the university’s unique needs.
- Manage the operational activities pertaining to office procedures, program maintenance, supplies and student services.
- Assist the director with the coordination of correspondence and activities with the regional center.
- Oversee front office operations servicing student needs, training and supervision of assigned student workers.
- Coordinate the DC/grad correspondence with students and faculty.
- Manage and maintain the DC/grad production and distribution of curriculum, including storage, inventory and placement in binders.
- Coordinate room reservations for staff and faculty on and off campus.
- Coordinate DC/grad special events at the regional center and interoffice social activities.
- Coordinate the scheduling of classes for each semester with the school administrative assistant.
- Assist the director in the planning and recording of all staff meetings and annual planning retreats.
- Prepare and process purchase orders, payment vouchers, reimbursements, receipts for application fees and confirmation fees, and off-campus space rental vouchers.
- Prepare the curriculum binders, textbooks, class schedules, tent-cards for orientations and the first night of class.
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated personal Christian faith and commitment to the Christian mission of the university.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of one to two years administrative office experience.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Word and Excel.
- Customer service orientation and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact with diverse people in a warm, professional manner.
- Ability to respond to emotional employee situations in a calming and resilient manner.
- Demonstrated organizational capabilities, detail orientation and the ability to handle multiple proprieties simultaneously.
- Team player with ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to learn new technology.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and respond to changes in a timely manner.
- Ability to work some evenings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to effectively present the positive attributes of Fresno Pacific University, as well as experience in a university setting.
- Ability to supervise office personnel.
- Indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations, and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation, up to eight hours per day.
- Frequently work at a fast pace with unscheduled interruptions.
- Drive personal vehicle to centers, typically no longer than two hours from the office.
- Public contact position requiring business-like apparel.
- Attendance and punctuality.
- Mobility within the office. Ability to walk, sit, stand, and climb stairs. Ability to use hands and fingers, to handle office equipment, records and files. Occasionally required to reach with arms and hands, and to stoop, kneel or crouch. Vision abilities required by this job include the ability to read and discern written errors on paper and electronic documents. Ability to talk and hear. Ability to lift up to 15 pounds.
- Ability to drive a vehicle.
Fresno Pacific University provides equal opportunity for employment without regard for race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. The university reserves the right to fill positions before the application deadline or to extend the deadline as circumstances may warrant.