Student Account Manager
Department: Student Accounts
Reports to: Director of Student Accounts
Time Commitment: 40 hours per week
The student account manager oversees the degree completion student population and services all aspects of student accounts for this population. This position works closely with all members of the student financial services team and specific regional center teams. In this position, the student account manager must have strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and excellent judgment on student account issues that must be brought to the attention of the director and team. This is a university position not limited by campus or location; however, this position is based on the main campus and travel to all the other campuses is required at least 75% of the time.
- Uphold the “Founded on Christ” mission of Fresno Pacific University at all times.
- Exhibit unfaltering commitment to the “The Fresno Pacific University Idea” and agree to support its ideals and practices while employed by the university.
- Be Christ-centered in all areas while working with other staff members, students and guests.
- Manage and track standard transactions on individual student accounts.
- Conduct over the phone or in person appointments with new and returning students.
- Identify and escalate student account related problems and issues.
- Collaborate with other members of the student financial services team with workable solutions that finance student education, consistently follow university policy and provide excellent customer service for students.
- Promote prompt support by responding to all student account requests through letters, email and personal phone calls.
- Attend new student orientations and present student account related information to university success courses.
- Assess existing student balances and discern new petitions.
- Process credit checks for students for assigned centers every two weeks.
- As needed or assigned, develop or update documentation in the Student Account Manual.
- Develop and maintain clear and complete detailed documentation on all student accounts.
- Maintain a general working knowledge of FPU’s common student account tools, as it relates to the assigned regional centers.
- Based upon the need to keep the student accounts resources available for the FPU community, there are times when the job requires an employee in this position to work outside of the standard work hours. This includes the occasional after-hours request for degree completion support and weekend work. Overtime is available per state and federal regulations, but MUST be pre-approved by an immediate supervisor or his/her designate.
- Travel is also required for this position as it is designated to support the assigned regional centers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated personal Christian faith and commitment to the Christian mission of the university.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience necessary.
- Must be able to handle and work with interruptions during normal office hours.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated organizational capabilities, detail orientation and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Customer service orientation and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to interact with people in a warm, professional manner.
- Ability to learn new technology.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and respond to changes in a timely manner.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and make independent decisions about financial matters.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish. • Demonstrated experience in a university setting, accounts receivable, student financial aid, Datatel software, basic accounting principles and/or financial aid processes and regulations. • Ability to effectively present the positive attributes of Fresno Pacific University, as well as student account tools.
Fresno Pacific University provides equal opportunity for employment without regard for race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. The university reserves the right to fill positions before the application deadline or to extend the deadline as circumstances may warrant.