Vice President for Finance and Business Affairs
Job Title: Vice President for Finance and Business Affairs
Reports To: University President
Time Commitment: 40+ hours per week
Fresno Pacific University seeks applications for the position of vice president for finance and business affairs. The candidate must be able to manage diverse and complex programs, and have a proven track record as a team leader. The vice president serves as chief financial officer for the university and as a member of the President’s Cabinet, President’s Council and the Faculty Session.
- Uphold the “Founded on Christ” mission of Fresno Pacific University at all times.
- Unfaltering commitment to The Fresno Pacific University Idea and agreement to support its ideals and practices while employed by the university.
- Be Christ-centered in all areas while working with other staff members, students and regional centers.
- Represent the university and manage a professional and active relationship with students, faculty, staff and guests to understand the university’s unique needs.
- Provide financial analysis, planning and management of the university’s resources to facilitate and support its mission and strategic plan.
- Develop the university’s operating and capital budgets.
- Guide the university’s investments, endowment and contracted financial and risk management services.
- Lead a team of directors and managers who are responsible for daily operations of the business and human resources offices.
- Oversee the bookstore and food service contracts.
- Serve as an administrative liaison to both the budget/finance and audit committees of the Board of Trustees as well as the Fresno Pacific Foundation.
- Provide information and communication regarding finance and business affairs to the university community.
- Support the Strategic Plan and its efforts to invest in the people of Fresno Pacific, equipping and empowering individuals to use their giftedness to strengthen our community.
- Provide for the development of a diverse staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated personal Christian faith and commitment to the Christian mission of the university.
- Uphold the “Founded on Christ” mission of the university at all times.
- Support the university’s ideals and practices and be Christ-centered in dealings with colleagues, students and others.
- Have proven personal and professional integrity and character.
- Demonstrated commitment to the student-focused and value-centered characteristics of the university, its mission, and its Mennonite Brethren/Anabaptist, Evangelical, and ecumenical heritage and educational vision as articulated in the FPU Idea.
- Carry out the value-centered orientation of the university in financial analysis, planning and managing.
- Live out an administrative style that emphasizes collaboration with faculty, staff and students as well as a demonstrated commitment to diversity.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, management or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Have earned a graduate degree in a related field or hold current CPA, CMA or CFA credentials.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Provide a history of increasingly responsible appointments with at least five years of senior level experience in financial/management positions, preferably in higher education or another not-for-profit environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of all areas to be supervised, especially budgeting and financial management.
- Provide evidence of a proven record as a leader who can provide strategic and creative direction while balancing the resource and funding requirements necessary to achieve the university’s strategic goals.
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with the public, faculty, staff and students.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make prompt decisions regarding issues that arise.
- Ability to pass a university background investigation and DMV check.
- Possession of a valid California Driver’s License, excellent driving record and personal history.
- Attendance and punctuality.
- Perform the essential duties of the position without hazard to themselves or others. Ability to walk, sit, stand, climb and walk for extended period of time. Ability to reach and dexterity of hands and finger to operate equipment. Ability to talk and hear.
- Ability to drive a vehicle.
Interested candidates should download and complete the application form and submit the following:
- A completed administrative application form
- A current resume
- A cover letter making the case for candidacy for this specific position at Fresno Pacific University
The university has engaged the services of Credo, a comprehensive higher education consulting firm, to manage this search. Tim Fuller, Credo Vice President/Owner is managing this search and application materials should be submitted to him electronically via email@example.com.
The position is open at present and the search will continue until the ideal candidate has been selected.
Fresno Pacific University values diversity in its workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Fresno Pacific University provides equal opportunity for employment without regard for race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. The university reserves the right to fill positions before the application deadline or to extend the deadline as circumstances may warrant.