Visalia Center Graduate Program Representative
Department: Visalia Regional Center
Reports to: Center Director
Time Commitment: 40 hours per week
The program representative is a key player in the success of our regional campuses. We are looking for individuals who can handle multiple projects, a varied workload, and demonstrate confidence when presenting to groups or meeting one-on-one with applicants. Are you a dynamic, self-motivated, creative individual that can listen as well as inform? Are you excited about “wowing” people with your level of service? If so, you may be just the individual Fresno Pacific University is looking for in this position.
The graduate program representative assists in the recruitment, admission and advising of prospective graduate students for programs offered at the Visalia Center. The representative informs inquiries and applicants about the programs and services offered at the regional centers, in collaboration with graduate program directors and the rest of the graduate admissions team. The representative will also conduct individual and group presentations, create high-value networks within the local community, and follow up on leads and opportunities.
- Uphold the “Founded on Christ” mission of Fresno Pacific University at all times.
- Continuous commitment to the Fresno Pacific University Idea and agreement to support its ideals and practices while employed by the university.
- Be Christ -centered in all areas while working with other staff members, students and guests.
- Meet with the prospective students one-on-one and review the application process.
- Work in tandem with the Visalia Center admissions team and ensure individual care for all inquiries and applicants.
- Advise students of the application requirements and assist them with their admission process.
- Follow up on a timely basis with new contacts using the university communication plan.
- Meet with program directors on a regular basis to facilitate enrollment goals.
- Assist program directors in gathering information about potential students and their program interest.
- Organize and conduct information meetings, make visits to local organizations, and perform other relevant recruiting activities.
- Track student inquiry information and complete monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Collaborate with the Graduate and Degree Completion Office (GDC) to constantly improve the recruitment, admissions and advising processes.
- Present at off-site locations about programs and provide the community with the current marketing materials as needed.
- Respond to new phone calls, walk-ins, and hub spot inquiries for programs.
- Coordinate, schedule and conduct degree completion cohorts visits and provide students with information about graduate opportunities at FPU.
- Track, enter and record all new contacts via Salesforce.
- Monitor student employee’s work quality and effort.
- Plan, organize and conduct the new graduate student orientation in spring and fall.
- Actively participate in the development and execution of the annual recruitment plan.
- Collaborate with program directors to maintain current marketing materials in the center.
- Present the exciting and expanding graduate programs to outside groups meeting at the Visalia Center.
- Be knowledgeable about all graduate programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated personal Christian faith and commitment to the Christian mission of the university.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, conducting self in a professional manner.
- Strong ability to initiate new contacts with people.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Willing to work afternoon/evenings and occasional weekends.
- Willing to travel regionally.
- Commitment to the mission of the university.
- Master’s degree.
- Minimum of one to two years’ experience in a university setting.
- Ability to communicate basic recruitment, enrollment and financial aid procedures.
- Demonstrated experience in Salesforce.
- Ability to effectively market the positive attributes of Fresno Pacific University.
- Strong sales background.
- Indoor work environment.
- Perform the following, with or without reasonable accommodation: stand, sit, kneel, stoop, reach, lift, grasp, finger, see (near and far) for reading and data analysis on a computer screen, hear and talk for ordinary conversation and telephone calls.
- Perform analytical and cognitive thinking and decision making.
- Approximately 50% of this position’s duties require use of a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Attendance and punctuality.
- Based at the Visalia Regional Center of Fresno Pacific University.
Fresno Pacific University offers undergraduate and graduate programs that stress solid academic preparation and a strong ethical foundation. Some 3,600 traditional and adult students attend classes on the main campus in southeast Fresno or centers in North Fresno, Visalia, Bakersfield and Merced as well as online. The university also reaches more than 10,000 students through professional development studies. FPU has the highest four-year graduation rate of any Central Valley college or university and is the Valley’s only comprehensive Christian university granting master’s degrees. The university is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Church. All employees must express a personal Christian commitment and support the Christian mission of the university.
Fresno Pacific University provides equal opportunity for employment without regard for race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability.The university reserves the right to fill positions before the application deadline or to extend the deadline as circumstances may warrant.