On-Site Counseling celebrated its 20th anniversary May 17 with a reception...
Career Services Workshops and Events
All students and alumni are invited to the Career Services Center events.
- Date: Wednesday, January 23, 2013
- Time: 11:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Location: Southside of the Green
- Graduation! Pat yourself on the back and enjoy this event. Prizes, drawing and a t-shirt for seniors. Information about the graduation application will be available. Class rings on sale too!
Summer Camp Fair
- Date: Thursday, January 24, 2013
- Time: 11:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Location: Front of Dining Hall
- Want a fun and exciting summer job in a beautiful setting? It is a like a paid vacation. Don’t miss this opportunity to apply for summer jobs at camps throughout California which are located in some of the most beautiful and scenic areas of the state! Make new friends from other colleges. Meet the camp representatives and apply at this event.
- Date: Tuesday, February 12, 2013
- Time: 12:40 p.m. - 1:50 p.m..
- Location: SCC 103
- Learn to create a professional resume that appeals to the employer by using the most current format and presentation of your qualifications. A must-attend workshop for all students.
Mix, Mingle and Network!
- Date: Thursday, February 21, 2013
- Time: 12:40 p.m. - 1:50 p.m.
- Location: Ashley Auditorium
- Learn successful strategies and the power of networking to get a job. Applying on the internet is one of the least effective ways for finding employment. It is estimated that 70% of job seekers find jobs by networking in today’s job market. A nationally acclaimed guest speaker who trains college students on how to network will be leading this workshop.
- Date: Thursday, March 14, 2013
- Time: 12:40 - 1:50 p.m.
- Location: SCC 122
- This workshop will help you develop and polish your interviewing skills. First impressions count in the job interview – ask an employer. You will learn successful tips to making a positive first impression and how to respond to difficult interview questions. Employers will be available to answer your questions.
- Date: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 and Wednesday, March 20, 2013
- Time: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Location: To be assigned on the day to the interview.
- Local employers will conduct these interviews and offer suggestions on improving your interviewing skills and making a good first impression. Must sign up in Career Services and bring a copy of your resume when you sign up. Come dressed professionally to the mock interview. Students who experienced the mock interviews in previous semesters rated this event highly and recommend that all students participate.
Inquire at the Career Services Center about the Career Achievement Program 2013. Any senior who attends all of the last four above events, beginning with the Resume Workshop, will be invited to the Networking Luncheon in April. While enjoying lunch, employers will be available to mentor students and provide tips for a successful job search. Seniors do not miss this opportunity! For more information, contact the Career Services Center at 559-453-2073.