The Callboard is a listing of Fresno Pacific Theater (FPT) audition notices, personnel needs, production needs and links to local theater events. The callboard is updated on a semi-regular basis. Contact the Theater Office at 559-453-2056 or email@example.com for more information.
Fresno Pacific Theater Auditions
Auditions are open to all FPU students. Fresno Pacific Theater welcomes diversity in casting. Auditionees must be available for rehearsals weekday evenings.
- Auditions for Cymbeline by William Shakespeare
- Tuesday, September 3, at 6 pm (Callbacks September 4, 6 pm)
- Theater Lab, Kriegbaum Hall Basement
- Please prepare (read or memorized) a monologue for a Shakespeare play (other than Cymbeline)
CAST BREAKDOWN - 6 males, 5 females*
- Cymbeline - Britain's king, Imogen's father
- Posthumus - Imogen's beloved, grew up at court
- Cloten - Cymbeline's stepson, Imogen's suitor
- Iachimo - Italian soldier, initiates a bet against Imogen's fidelity
- Pisanio - Posthumus' serving man, loyal to Imogen
- Cloten's Friend 1 (also Guiderius) - male friend/bandmate (Guid. is the king's longlost son)
- Queen (also Belaria) - Imogen's stepmom, Cloten's mother (Belaria, stole Cym's sons)
- Imogen - Posthumus' beloved, daughter to Cymbeline
- Helen (also Arviragus)- Imogen's confidante (Arviragus is the king's long lost son)
- Cloten's Friend 2 - female friend/bandmate
- Doctor (also Caius Lucius) - female, court doctor (Caius is the Roman ambassador)
*except for Imogen, most actors also play minor roles: attendants, messengers, soldiers
A note on the approach: the production is modern-dress, but with gestures to the original period in the set. With Cymbeline, we're in fairytale land. (Shakespeare didn't care about getting the historical facts accurate.) We'll be storytelling, changing characters with the help of a vest or a cap, using home-video to evoke the backstory and landscape, creatively anachronistically staging war... and all while we "speak the speech" that's at the Shakespearean core. Come play a part!
Performances November 14-16 and 21-23 (Thursday-Saturday)
Contact the director, Julia Reimer, at 495-5866 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
FPT productions sometimes require special furniture or property pieces. Loans are appreciated. Donations of small items are also welcome. Receipts are available for donations.
Local Theater & Performance
|Mariposa Storytelling Festival|
|Rogue Performance Festival|
Other Links of Interest
|Christians in Theatre Arts (CITA)|
|Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival (KCACTF)|
|Educational Theatre Association (EdTA)|