System Requirements for Online Learning
In order to successfully participate in online courses, you will need the following technology and system requirements.
- Computer or laptop (Windows or Mac will work)
- High-speed Internet connection
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or above or Firefox (This browser is highly recommended for both Windows and Mac users.) Free download: http://www.mozilla.com/firefox
- AOL users: Do not use AOL browser.
- Internet Explorer can potentially cause running errors.
- Opera and Safari will not show build-in html editor in Moodle.
Windows XP or Vista, high speed connection to the Internet
Mac OS X and a high speed connection to the Internet
These programs can interfere with opening video clips, bulletin boards, seeing images during tests and accessing your course grades. If you have pop-up blockers installed, you may need to disable them. You may use the following links to help with disabling your pop-up blocker:
If you have additional questions regarding system requirements, please contact the Helpdesk at 559-453-3410 or at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at 559-252-8847.