Share why you teach at FPU
I teach at FPU because it gives me the opportunity to help students develop an understanding of the concept of teaching as a calling to redemptive service. I love the prospect of expanding students’ knowledge and developing their practices as they become highly qualified teachers. I take great pleasure in seeing students finish well and embark upon a profession where they become God’s instruments in enlightening children’s worlds.
- Student-teacher preparation
- Application of spiritual tenets in the classroom
Honors and Awards
- Administrator of the Year, Association of California School Administrators, West Kern, 2003
- Board member, Kern County Superintendent's Advisory Council
- Board member, Self-Insured Schools of California (SISCI)
- Board chair, Small School District Superintendent's Advisory
The opportunities to learn and grow as a student, a teacher, an elementary school administrator, and a university faculty member have rounded out my experiences as an educator beyond anything I could have imagined. I am so very thankful for God’s plan for my life and how it has unfolded.