- Kevin Reimer
- Bruce Boeckel
- Donna Callahan
- Greg Camp
- Darren Duerksen
- Larry Dunn
- Zachary Durlam
- Fran Martens Friesen
- Kenneth Martens Friesen
- Milt Friesen
- Wayne Huber
- Chris Janzen
- Rod Janzen
- Chandra Johnson
- Marshall Johnston
- Pamela Johnston
- Bret Kincaid
- Quentin Kinnison
- Elizabeth Lake
- Darin Lenz
- Rebecca McMillen
- Tim Neufeld
- Eleanor Nickel
- Gina Ponce de Leon
- Jay Pope
- Julia Reimer
- Duane Ruth-Heffelbower
- Deborah Sauer-Ferrand
- Walter Saul
- Laura Schmidt Roberts
- Jill Schellenberg
- Ryan Schellenberg
- Adam Schrag
- Brian Schultz
- Cheryl Smith
- Peter Smith
- James Van Slyke
- Billie Jean Wiebe
- Richard Wiebe
- Sandie Woods
- Dieter Wulfhorst
What programs do you teach in?
I teach in the music department. I direct the Pacific Brass choir and University Pep Band. I'm also administrator to 19 full-time and adjunct faculty in the music, theater and art department.
Share why you teach at FPU
Through music ministry my hope is to glorify our Lord and bring peace in the world.
- My personal interests are to see students succeed.
- My musical interests are wide and varied from early music performance practice of the period to early keyboard, organ and harpsichord to all kinds of brass, jazz and folk music, trumpet and recorder.
Professional and Service Experience
I have had a private trumpet teaching studio for more than 40 years, having the 1st chair trumpet in the California All State Honor Band and Honor Orchestra as my pupil the past two years. I have also sent three of our university students to the Christian Instrumental Director's Association's National Honor Band.
Honors and Awards
President's Service Award for Outstanding Faculty, 2003
- Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia, life member
- Historical Brass Society, founding member
- International Trumpet Guild
- American Recorder Society
- San Francisco Early Music Society
- Music Source for Historically Informed Performance Practice
- Other Minds in San Francisco, California
- American Guild of Organists
- My favorite musically related book is Johann Sebastian Bach as His World Knew Him by Otto Bettmann.
- My favorite music festivals are the Great American Brass Band Festival in Danville, Kentucky, and Tanglewood Music Festival, summer home of the Boston Symphony in Lenox, Massachusetts.
- My favorite orchestra in Philharmonia Baroque Orchestra under Nicolas McKeagan.
- My favorite classical trumpet artist is Philip Smith.
- My favorite jazz trumpet artists are Clifford Brown and Bobby Hacket.
- My favorite recorder artists is Frans Bruggen.
- Certificate received from New York School of Interior Design, New York, New York
- Chorister with Trinity Chapel Men and Boys Choir, Princeton, New Jersey
- Choir member of Westminster Choir College Symphonic Choir having performed and recorded with the New York Philharmonic Orchestra
- Former member of the Fresno Philharmonic Orchestra and the Fresno Opera Orchestra
- Former professional trumpet player in studio, recording and shows for so many name entertainers and celebrities including Ringling Brothers Circus, Ice Capades and Walt Disney on Parade, orchestral, big band and jazz
- Former director of music for First Presbyterian Church in Fresno, California
- Hobbies: all musical activities--playing music, listening to music, traveling to music festivals and hearing great artists in concert
- family dog
- working out/fitness
- historic preservation