William (Bill) P. Gillaspie, Ed.D.
Pupil Personnel Services Faculty Advisor, Bakersfield Center
Assistant Professor of Education
Ed.D., Organizational Leadership, University of San Francisco
M.A., Psychology, Humboldt State University
B.A., Psychology, Humboldt State University
Pupil personnel, counseling program evaluations, school psychology, school reform, school business officials, school finance and support services, classroom assessment and student outcomes
Professional and Service Experience
- Currently I am employed as a management analyst for the Fiscal Crisis Management Assistance Team (FCMAT) where I coordinate field studies for school districts and county offices of education. I conduct statistical analyses of special education program and fiscal operations and conduct management studies regarding fiscal and program operations regarding school district delivery systems.
- I am also the program director of the School of Education pupil personnel services programs at Fresno Pacific University's Bakersfield Center.
- In conjunction with other California public education organizations, (SSC, CASBO, and CCSESA), I coordinate the CBO Mentor Training Project. This project is a one-year program designed to produce qualified chief business officials for school districts.
- I also provide assistance with the recovery plan for the Compton Unified School District.
- I worked as a school psychologist, director of special education, assistant superintendent of educational services and assistant superintendent of schools before being appointed Lassen County superintendent of schools for twelve years. In addition, I worked as an adjunct instructor for Lassen Community College and as a field supervisor for school administrator interns for California State University, Sacramento.
Honors and Awards
- Citizen of Year, Lions Club
- ACSA School Superintendent of the Year
- Rotary International Paul Harris Award
- California Association of School Business Officials (CASBO)
- California County Superintendents Educational Services (CCSES)
- California Association of School Psychologists (CASP)
- California Special Education Local Plan Areas (SELPA)
- I have worked with business leaders and community members through Rotary International to raise funds for the development of a sports facility/complex for the City of Susanville.
- I also coordinated a community event to raise funds for the victims of 9/11.
Publications and Presentations
- "Characteristics of Effective Leadership" in Association of California School Administrators (ACSA) Magazine
- Monthly article for the Fiscal Management Assistance Team (FCMAT) website
- Oversees production of the FCMAT Professional Resource Guide listing professional development activities in California and distributed statewide