4-Year Graduation Guarantee
Students who earn their bachelor’s degree in four years get a head start toward achieving their personal goals, entering top graduate schools and becoming leaders in their professions and communities. Fresno Pacific University will guarantee graduation within four years to qualified students entering the traditional undergraduate program. FPU commits to providing the courses, advising, instruction and preparation. Students who fulfill their responsibilities and are not able to graduate in four years will receive the needed courses in the next semester at no cost in tuition. This guarantee further demonstrates that a degree from FPU is an excellent investment in academic quality as well as professional and ethical development.
- Sign up for the guarantee during the freshman year.
- Choose a major and begin prerequisite or lower-division major courses by the second semester of the freshman year and keep that major until graduation.
- Complete at least 32 units per year (average 16 per semester) with passing grades in each course.
- Maintain a cumulative 2.0 GPA, keep the student account up to date, and remain in good standing with the university.
- Apply for financial aid and submit required documents by appropriate deadlines.
- The guarantee is limited to basic graduation requirements: 124 minimum units including general-education, upper-level and elective courses sufficient for a single major with no minor.
- Where options between courses are available, students are not guaranteed their first choice.
- This guarantee does not apply to fifth-year programs (teacher education credential requirements) or minimum units beyond graduation requirements.
- The guarantee does not apply to transfer, degree completion or graduate students.
- Students not able to register for the courses needed within four years must complete the free course(s) within two terms of the end of four years.
For more information, please contact the Office of Student Success and Retention.