Adjunct Faculty - Undergraduate
Fresno Pacific University is looking for highly-qualified, adjunct instructors who would like to be part of the pool of instructors for general education courses for adult degree completion students. Instructors may be needed for general education and major coursework at Merced, Fresno, Visalia and Bakersfield, California. Online instructors may also be needed.
- General education
- Business administration
- BSN, nursing
- Christian ministries and leadership
- Criminology and restorative justice studies
- Early childhood education
- Liberal arts
Most courses are six-week, one night a week classes. In addition to weekly meetings, beginning Spring 2013, courses will include 3 online instruction hours per week for ‘blended’ learning. FPU provides training for blended delivery. Read more about our degree completion programs..
- Master’s degree in the academic field being taught, or master’s degree in a related academic field with significant course work in the field of instruction.
- Certification for any certification-related courses.
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the university’s mission of Christ-centered teaching and learning and involvement in a local church.
- Terminal degree in the academic field being taught.
- College level teaching experience.
Fresno Pacific University offers undergraduate and graduate programs that stress solid academic preparation and a strong ethical foundation. Some 3,600 traditional and adult students attend classes on the main campus in southeast Fresno or centers in North Fresno, Visalia, Bakersfield and Merced as well as online. The university also reaches more than 10,000 students through professional development studies. FPU has the highest four-year graduation rate of any Central Valley college or university and is the Valley’s only comprehensive Christian university granting master’s degrees. The university is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Church. All employees must express a personal Christian commitment and support the Christian mission of the university.
Download and complete the appropriate adjunct faculty application:
- Adjunct Faculty Application - School of Business
- Adjunct Faculty Application - School of Education
- Adjunct Faculty Application - School of Humanities, Religion and Social Sciences
- Adjunct Faculty Application - School of Natural Sciences
Send a letter of application, a completed adjunct application form (including personal statements), curriculum vita, three letters of reference (including one pastoral), and transcripts or placement file to the appropriate school listed below. You may also scan and email the documents.
- Fresno Pacific University
- 1717 S. Chestnut Ave.
- Fresno, CA 93702
- General education: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business management: School of Business, email@example.com
- BSN, nursing: School of Natural Sciences, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christian ministries and leadership: School of Humanities, Religion and Social Sciences, email@example.com
- Criminology and restorative justice studies: School of Humanities, Religion and Social Sciences, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Early childhood education: School of Education, email@example.com
- Liberal arts: School of Education, firstname.lastname@example.org
Fresno Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnic or social background, sex, age, or physical handicap in its hiring practices. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply.