Non-exempt; 40 hours per week
The archivist provides archival and special collection library services for the Mennonite Library & Archives. The archives holds the records of Fresno Pacific University, the Pacific District Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches, MB Missions, and many individual collections relating to Mennonite history. Total archival holdings are roughly 1200 linear feet. The special library collection includes over 19,000 volumes documenting the Anabaptist-Mennonite story. The archivist reports to the director of the university library.
- Uphold the “Founded on Christ” mission of Fresno Pacific University at all times.
- Unfaltering commitment to The Fresno Pacific University Idea and agreement to support its ideals and practices while employed by the university.
- Be Christ -centered in all areas while working with other staff members, students, and including all regional centers.
- Provide reference and retrieval services for researchers.
- Process, arrange and describe collections in accordance with professional standards.
- Assist university and denominational agencies in identifying, appraising, scheduling and managing records.
- Develop and manage digital collections.
- Supervise student assistants and volunteers.
- Commitment to the Christian mission of the university.
- Master's degree from an ALA-accredited library & information science program or equivalent accredited graduate archives management program.
- Demonstrated strong communication, analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Word and Excel Customer service orientation.
- Ability to interact with people in a warm, professional manner.
- Ability to respond to emotional employee situations in a calming and resilient manner.
- Knowledge of Mennonite history or American religious history.
- Indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations, and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation, up to eight hours per day.
- Frequently work at a fast pace with unscheduled interruptions.
- Public contact position requiring business-like apparel.
- Attendance and punctuality.
- Mobility within the office. Ability to walk, sit, stand, and climb stairs. Ability to use hands and fingers, to handle office equipment, records and files. Occasionally required to reach with arms and hands, and to stoop, kneel or crouch. Vision abilities required by this job include the ability to read and discern written errors on paper and electronic documents. Ability to talk and hear. Ability to lift up to 15 pounds.
Fresno Pacific University provides equal opportunity for employment without regard for race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. The university reserves the right to fill positions before the application deadline or to extend the deadline as circumstances may warrant.