Adjunct Faculty in Special Education
Adjunct faculty, as needed, in the School of Education for the Fresno Main Campus, Visalia Center and Bakersfield Center
The special education program at Fresno Pacific University offers preliminary and level two education specialist credentials in mild/moderate, moderate/severe, physical and health impairments, early childhood special education. Additionally, the program offers added authorizations in early childhood, resource specialist and autism as well as a master’s degree in special education. The program graduates are well prepared and highly desired in the educational community in California’s Central Valley. The special education division is working towards the new clear education specialist program standards and plans to implement this program in fall 2013, along with two additional added authorizations: emotionally disturbed and adaptive physical education.
- Teach courses as assigned.
- Collaborate with faculty and lead instructor for course(s) taught.
- Author new course work as requested.
- Collaborate with faculty and advisory board regarding new program and course development.
- Earned master’s degree in special education or closely related field;
- California special education teaching credential;
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the university’s mission of Christ-centered teaching and learning and involvement in a local church.
- Special education classroom, birth – age 22;
- Special education program leadership;
- Ability to work with students, staff and faculty in a collegial environment;
- Ability to teach and work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds;
- Information oriented computer skills.
- Doctorate in special education or a related field;
- Expertise in working with mild/moderate, moderate/severe, physical and health impairment, emotionally disturbed, adaptive physical education, and early childhood special education.
Download and complete an application form.
Send a letter of application, a completed adjunct faculty application form (including personal statements), curriculum vita, three letters of reference (including one pastoral), and transcripts to:
- Gary Gramenz, Ph. D.
- Fresno Pacific University
- School of Education, Box 2001
- 1717 S. Chestnut Avenue
- Fresno, CA 93702
- OR: email FPUProv@fresno.edu
Fresno Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnic or social background, sex, age, or physical handicap in its hiring practices. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply.