- Ph.D., Bryn Mawr College, Pennsylvania
- M.A., Bryn Mawr College, Pennsylvania
- M.A., University of Georgia
- Secondary Certification, Georgia State University
- B.A., Davidson College, North Carolina
Publications & Presentations
- "Nestor's Advice" presented at the Association for Core Texts and Courses conference in New Brunswick, New Jersey, April 2010
- "The Fifth Gospel in Film," presentation at the Southwest Texas Popular Culture Association section meeting of the American Popular Culture Association, February 2008 in Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Response to the church and slavery in Pacific Journal, volume 2
- Several articles for FPU Scholars Speak on the paranormal, Tolkien, and the Episcopal Church
- A view of ancient biography in the upcoming Association of Core Texts and Curricula (ACTC) Proceedings.
- The Latin translations in The Whitehouse ABC: A Presidential Alphabet, by John Hutton, published by the White House Historical Foundation, 2004
FPU is a vibrant, supportive, multi-denominational community. There is room for lively academic and theological exchange. I get to work on and teach about early Christianity at the lower and upper division level, as well as with graduate students. I also have an opportunity to further my own and my students' understanding of the ancient Hebrews. As if these weren't enough, I get to teach more Greek and Latin than I have at any previous job. FPU provides a rare opportunity to combine faith and service, and in the process nurture the next generation of leaders in the Church and the world.
I live in the Tower District with my wife Pam--also a Classicist-cats and a dog. I drive to work in a grease car: a VW Jetta converted to run on soybean oil.