Business Administration - Accounting
Accounting provides statistical analyses of business transactions: purchases, profits, liabilities and assets. Accountants are in constant high demand, as they help to provide an organization with both credibility and sustainability. FPU's bachelor of arts degree with an emphasis in accounting prepares graduates for leadership and excellence in this field.
The accounting emphasis offers focus on all areas analysis, including non-profit accounting, tax accounting and auditing. All courses are founded on an understanding of and commitment to ethics and responsible accounting.
The field of accounting offers many opportunities, as professionals find success in firms as well as through private practices. This degree is designed to prepare graduates to become certified public accountants.
Required Courses (6 Courses, 22 Units)
- ACCT-400 Intermediate Accounting I (4)
- ACCT-405 Intermediate Accounting II (4)
- ACCT-410 Cost Accounting (4)
- ACCT-415 Tax Accounting (4)
Select two of the following:
- ACCT-418 Nonprofit Accounting (3)
- ACCT-420 Auditing (3)
- ACCT-425 Advanced Accounting (3)
- FIN-451 Financial Statement Analysis (3)
- BUS-486 Topics in Business (3)