Fast Track Program
Liberal studies students who are planning to become elementary school teachers are invited to apply for a fast track program that allows them to complete their bachelor's degree with a block semester of teacher education preparation. The fast track program prepares students to enter the job market as fully credentialed teachers a semester earlier than other candidates.
- Cumulative 3.0 GPA at the time of entry into the program and at the time of entry into the teacher education semester
- At least one semester at FPU with 15 or more units with a 3.0 GPA
- Personal interview with the liberal studies program director and with the selected concentration professor
- Filing and completing a plan for early experiences with children
- Filing and completing an academic plan that completes all general education and major requirements before the teacher education semester with less than 124 units
Applications are available from the liberal studies director. Students may apply from as early as the end of their freshman year to as late as the end of their junior year.