Social Work (Social Welfare Option)
The social welfare program will prepare you for positions in a variety of social work or service careers. The program integrates theory and practice; instills an understanding of the relationship between social work and Christian faith; and encourages a commitment to social justice and a life of service. You will complete a set of foundational and advanced courses in human development, social policy, social work methods, practice and research. Upon completion of the major, you will be prepared to seek professional employment or pursue advanced study in the field.
- 18 month program
- A challenging and supportive academic environment
- Cohorts groups meet face-to-face for class one night per week
- Cohort of 7-20 adults progress through the program together
- Experienced faculty and assignments that apply to everyday life
- Students come from a variety of workplaces and cultural backgrounds
With a degree in social welfare, you will be qualified to work in non-profit agencies serving community needs, as well as probation departments, county human service systems and hospitals. Social workers are in demand in community organization and development, as well as work with the elderly, children and families and the disabled. You may also work in schools, or as a substance abuse counselor, employment counselor or in a variety of special programs designed to help people and communities.
- 60 transferable baccalaureate- level units
- Minimum 2.4 GPA
- Four years post-secondary experience
- Application form
- $40 fee (fee is waived for those attending an information meeting)
- Official high school transcripts or diploma
- Official college transcripts
- Recommendation form
- Writing sample
View a list of our courses and descriptions.
How much does it cost?
Tuition is competitively priced and financial aid is available. View details on tuition and fees.
How do I apply?
The application process is straightforward. View details on how to apply.
For additional information or for program availability, contact the following Degree Completion Office:
|North Fresno Center|
To view all of the majors offered in the degree completion program, please visit our degree completion program page.