As America becomes increasingly diverse, and as more and more people seek global perspectives, knowledge of other languages becomes not only important, but vital. The Spanish minor provides an introduction for students to the Spanish language and culture.
Courses for the minor in Spanish focus on Spanish and Spanish-American literature, language composition conversation and formal communication. Several classes are devoted to learning proper diction, pronunciation and conjugation.
The ability to understand and communicate in the Spanish language is a highly-desired skill in the workplace, so much so that professionals with this ability are often preferred, and promoted, in positions that interact with a diverse audience.
Required Courses (9 Courses, 15-23 Units)
- SPAN-100 Elementary Spanish (4)*
- SPAN-105 Intermediate Spanish (4)*
- SPAN-200 Intermediate Spanish I (4)*
- SPAN-205 Intermediate Spanish II (4)*
- SPAN-300 Advanced Spanish (3)
- SPAN-305 Composition and Conversation in Spanish (3)
- SPAN-325 Formal Spanish Oral Communication (3)
Select one of the following:
- SPAN-310 Literacy in Spanish: Prose (3)
- SPAN-315 Literatcy in Spanish: Poetry (3)
- SPAN-440 Spanish Literature (3)
- SPAN-445 Latin American Literature (3)
*or demonstrated proficiency