Our certificate in congregational care is designed for pastors and lay ministers who desire to provide pastoral counseling and other care ministries for their constituents. You'll gain the essentials for a wide range of ministry roles.
- Purposeful community of learners and leaders
- Experienced and published faculty
- Theologically diverse student body
- MFT and ministry students integrated in foundational courses
- Option to study in Israel each summer
- Option to attend the Hispanic Summer Program
- Diverse practicum opportunities
- Online courses available
- Fully accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
This certificate equips students for lay counseling in a church or other community setting.
David Bruce Rose, Ph.D.
Adam Ghali, Ph.D.
Cynthia McGrady, Ph.D.
Autumn Lindberg, LMFT
Mary Shamshoian, LMFT
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Minimum GPA of 2.5
- Completion of FPBS application materials
Required Courses (30 Units)
Biblical And Theological Studies
|BIB-720||The Church and God's Mission in the World||3|
|BIB-725||Biblical Interpretation I||2|
|THEO-730||Discipleship and Ethics||3|
Bible knowledge requirement
|COUN-710||Introduction to Counseling||1|
|COUN-721||Professional Ethicsin Counseling||2|
|COUN-736L||Counseling Children Lab||1|
|MIN-744||Pastoral Care and Counseling||3|
Personal And Social Formation
|Cross-Cultural Encounter: Los Angeles|
Cross-Cultural Encounter: San Francisco
Choose 4-5 units from the following courses
|COUN-732||Aging and Long Term Care||1|
|COUN-747||Counseling Individuals and Couples I||3|
|COUN-748||Counseling Individuals and Couples II||1|
|PACS-700||Basic Institute in Conflict Management and Mediation||2|