The Master of Arts in New Testament provides you with specialized education in New Testament literature and theology. The program focuses on the disciplines and resources of biblical interpretation allowing graduates to continue education on their own after program completion.
- Purposeful community of learners and leaders
- Experienced and published faculty
- Theologically diverse student body
- MFT and ministry students integrated in foundational courses
- Option to study in Israel each summer
- Option to attend the Hispanic Summer Program
- Diverse practicum opportunities
- Online courses available
- Fully accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
Graduating with a Master of Arts in New Testament from Fresno Pacific Biblical Seminary will prepare you for a future of teaching and writing in your area of expertise. Graduates teach at the collegiate level or in the church. The MANT prepares you for a Ph.D. or other doctoral studies in a related field.
Tim Geddert, Ph.D.
Mark Baker, Ph.D.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University
- Minimum GPA of 2.5
- Completion of FPBS application materials
Required Courses (60 Units)
|BIB-710||Elementary Greek I||3|
|BIB-711||Elementary Greek II||3|
|BIB-720||The Church and God's Mission in the World*||3|
|BIB-725||Biblical Interpretation I||3|
|BIB-750||Biblical Theology I**||3|
|Cross-Cultural Encounter: Los Angeles|
Cross-Cultural Encounter: San Francisco
Expanding The Base
|BIB-712||Intermediate Greek Exegesis||3|
|BIB-713||Advanced Greek Exegesis||3|
|BIB-726||Biblical Interpretation II||2|
|BIB-752||Biblical Theology II**||3|
|BIB-758||New Testament Backgrounds||3|
|MIN-760||Practicum Assessment and Discernment||0|
|Evangelical anabaptist story|
Evangelical Anabaptist confessions
North American Religious History
|THEO-730||Discipleship and Ethics*||3|
Practicing The Theory
|MIN-732||Church Educational Ministries||3|
Preaching for Contemporary Listeners
|Supervised Ministry Experience I*|
Supervised Ministry Experience II*
- New testament courses (6 units)
- Free electives (4.5-7.5 units)
* Course must be taken at FPU Biblical Seminary.
** At least one biblical theology course must be taken at FPU Biblical Seminary.