The Master of Arts in Old Testament provides you with specialized education of New Testament theology. The program focuses on the disciplines and resources of biblical interpretation allowing graduates to continue education on their own well after program completion.
- Purposeful community of learners and leaders
- Experienced and published faculty
- Theologically diverse student body
- MFT and ministry students integrated in foundational courses
- Option to study in Israel each summer
- Option to attend the Hispanic Summer Program
- Diverse practicum opportunities
- Online courses available
- Fully accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
Graduating with a Master of Arts in Old Testament from Fresno Pacific Biblical Seminary will prepare you for a future of teaching and writing in your area of expertise. Graduates teach at the collegiate level or in the church. The MAOT prepares you for a Ph.D. or other doctoral studies in a related field.
Lynn Jost, Ph.D.
Terry Brensinger, Ph.D.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University
- Minimum GPA of 2.5
- Completion of FPBS application materials
Required Courses (60 Units)
|BIB-715||Elementary Hebrew I||3|
|BIB-716||Elementary Hebrew II||3|
|BIB-720||The Church and God's Mission in the World*||3|
|BIB-725||Biblical Interpretation I||3|
|BIB-750||Biblical Theology I**||3|
|MIN-750A||Cross-Cultural Encounter: Los Angeles||1.5|
|or MIN-750D||Cross-Cultural Encounter: San Francisco||1.5|
Expanding The Base
|BIB-717||Intermediate Hebrew Exegesis||3|
|BIB-718||Advanced Hebrew Exegesis||3|
|BIB-726||Biblical Interpretation II||2|
|BIB-752||Biblical Theology II**||3|
|BIB-756||Old Testament Backgrounds||3|
|MIN-760||Practicum Assessment and Discernment||0|
|HIST-716||Evangelical Anabaptist Story||3|
|or THEO-760||Evangelical Anabaptist Confessions||3|
|or HIST-718||North American Religious History||3|
|THEO-730||Discipleship and Ethics*||3|
Practicing The Theory
|MIN-732||Church Educational Ministries||3|
|or MIN-742||Preaching for Contemporary Listeners||3|
|MIN-793A||Supervised Ministry Experience I||1.5|
|and MIN-793B||Supervised Ministry Experience II||1.5|
- Old testament courses (6 units)
- Free electives (4.5-7.5 units)
* Course must be FPU Biblical Seminary course.
** At least one biblical theology course must be FPU Biblical Seminary course.