The Master of Arts in Theology provides you with specialized education of biblical and systematic theology and history of Christianity. The program focuses on the disciplines and resources of biblical interpretation allowing graduates to continue education on their own well after program completion.
- Purposeful community of learners and leaders
- Experienced and published faculty
- Theologically diverse student body
- MFT and ministry students integrated in foundational courses
- Option to study in Israel each summer
- Option to attend the Hispanic Summer Program
- Diverse practicum opportunities
- Online courses available
- Fully accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
Graduating with a Master of Arts in Theology from Fresno Pacific Biblical Seminary will prepare you for a future of teaching and writing in your area of expertise. Graduates of this degree have the option of becoming a teaching pastor or using it as a gateway to achieving their Ph.D. in order to teach at the collegiate level.
Mark Baker, Ph.D.
Valerie Rempel, Ph.D.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University
- Minimum GPA of 2.5
- Completion of FPBS application materials
Required Courses (60 Units)
|BIB-720||The Church and God's Mission in the World*||3|
|BIB-725||Biblical Interpretation I||3|
|BIB-750||Biblical Theology I**||3|
|HIST-712||History of Christianity||3|
|Cross-Cultural Encounter: Los Angeles*|
Cross-Cultural Encounter: San Francisco
Expanding The Base
|BIB-726||Biblical Interpretation II||2|
|BIB-752||Biblical Theology II**||3|
|MIN-760||Practicum Assessment and Discernment||0|
|Evangelical anabaptist story|
Evangelical Anabaptist confessions
North American Religious History
|THEO-730||Discipleship and Ethics*||3|
Practicing The Theory (3 Units)
|MIN-732||Church Educational Ministries||3|
Preaching for Contemporary Listeners
|Supervised Ministry Experience I*|
Supervised Ministry Experience II*
- Theology or history courses (9 units)
- Bible course (3 units)
- Free electives (7.5-10.5 units)
* Must be FPU Biblical Seminary course.
** At least one biblical theology course must be an FPU Biblical Seminary course.