This degree equips practitioners personally, theologically and practically to provide effective leadership in urban mission in both North America and global contexts. You will gain biblical and theological foundations; cross-cultural sociological and anthropological tools; analysis of historical and contemporary mission issues; ministry skills; and partnership opportunities in mission. Internships and other opportunities will give you experience in Fresno's complex urban culture. The MAUM program has two concentrations. The community leadership concentration maintains an explicit focus upon preparing students to lead congregations and faith based community benefit organizations in today's complex urban enviroments. The global mission concentration provides students with the opportunity to tailor this program to prepare for service in a variety of urban or non-urban settings.
- Purposeful community of learners and leaders
- Experienced and published faculty
- Theologically diverse student body
- MFT and ministry students integrated in foundational courses
- Option to study in Israel each summer
- Option to attend the Hispanic Summer Program
- Diverse practicum opportunities
- Online courses available
- Fully accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
Graduating with an MA in Urban Mission from Fresno Pacific Biblical Seminary prepares students to serve as leaders within churches and faith based non-profit organizations that value holistic ministry. Graduates serve in traditional roles such as missions pastors and foreign missionaries, or non-traditional roles such as incarnational living and urban church planting. AUM graduates are leaders in church-based job creation, dismantling human trafficking and caring for its victims, "third-way" solutions to complex issues such as immigration reform, financial literacy training, education completion and opportunities.
Karen Crozier, Ph.D.
Mark Baker, Ph.D.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited University
- Minimum GPA of 2.5
- Completion of FPBS application materials