Prepare for athletic training positions of all kinds with FPU’s online master of arts in kinesiology with an emphasis in athletic training. The program provides intensive study in athletic training methods, administration and organization, as well as advanced therapeutic exercise and rehabilitation. You will gain an understanding of common research methods, psychological aspects of injuries and rehabilitation, and sports law and ethics. Clinical experience in the field is expected during the fall and spring semesters.
- Work and earn degree simultaneously
- Courses are offered fully online
- Study and enhance skills in administration, therapeutic exercise and teaching
Graduates are prepared for athletic training positions at the high school, community college, college, university, professional and private−sector levels
Jim Ave, Ph.D.
- Application form and fee
- Phone interview with program director
- Three letters of recommendation (at least one from supervising ATC)
- Statement of intent
- Two writing samples indicating potential graduate level work
- Official transcripts verifying BA/BS degree in athletic training or related area
- Minimum GPA of 2.75
- Current resume including all related professional and extra−curricular experience
- Current BOC certification with good standing or eligibility for the BOC certification examination