Church leaders are often asked to aid in conflict management and resolution. With this certificate you’ll gain both a deeper understanding of peace and practice in implementing conflict resolution strategies. The specific dynamics of church conflict are covered through explorations of peacemaking ethics, conflict analysis, group dynamics and interpersonal communication, as well as church conflict management.
- Hands-on experience in mediation and facilitation
- Cooperative learning with the Fresno Pacific Biblical Seminary
- Faculty who specialize in church conflict resolution
This certificate prepares both church leaders and lay people to be effective peacemakers and conflict managers in the church.
Peter Smith, Ph.D.
- Application form and fee
- Orientation interview with program director
- Three references
- Statement of intent
- Official transcripts verifying BA/BS degree
- Letter of explanation if GPA is below 2.75
- Writing sample indicating graduate-level proficiency
Required Courses (15 Units)
|PACS-700||Basic Institute in Conflict Management and Mediation||2|
|PACS-702||Theological Ethics of Conflict and Peacemaking||3|
|PACS-752||Church Conflict Management and Leadership||3|
|PACS-756||Introductory Practicum in Mediation||1|
Select one of the following
|PACS-716||Group Dynamics and Processes||3|
|PACS-751||Conflict and Peacemaking Across Cultures||3|
Other approved elective