This flexible, fully online, three-semester program is ideal for candidates like you who have completed a preliminary, general education multiple or single subject credential and need to fulfill the requirement for your clear credential. At FPU, you will be supported with throughout your program and coursework is designed around your needs.
If the district in which you work has an approved induction program, you must clear their credential through your district. However, if the district in which you work cannot service you, or if you work at a private school, charter school, home school consortium or the prison system, you are eligible to clear your credential with the program offered at Fresno Pacific University.
- Courses are offered fully online
- Can be completed in three semesters
- One of the few CTC-approved clear credential programs in California for SB 2042 credential teachers
- Mentoring and individualized program plans
- Flexible, field-based assignments to meet the needs of your classrooms
- Five to eight units may be transferred into FPU’s blended or fully online curriculum & teaching master’s program
Preliminary credentials are issued for non-renewable five- year terms. The professional clear credential allows for continued employment in the P-12 classroom.
- Application form and fee
- Orientation interview with program director
- Employment using the appropriate credential
- Statement of intent
- Official transcripts verifying BA/BS degree
- Copy of preliminary credential
- Induction program unavailability form (CL-855)
- Letter of explanation if GPA is under 2.75