This program is designed for candidates who plan to assume technology leadership roles in a school setting. Participants in this program explore the application of technology in education and develop an expertise in using technology as a tool to enhance teaching and learning. A variety of the most current and efficient uses of technology will be explored. Coursework focuses on current learning theories and instructional strategies for the effective use of technology in the classroom setting. Candidates will understand the implications of the digital world in relation to ethical and moral uses in terms of global responsibilities. Candidates should possess a teaching credential and/or express an interest in the educational use of technology.
- Fully online program
- 8-week courses
- Candidates take one course at a time (2 courses/semester)
- Theory and practice blend to prepare candidates for the real world
- Highly experienced faculty
- Program is aligned with the Association for Educational Communications and Technology (AECT) and National Educational Technology Standards for Teaching (NETS-T) standards
This degree equips graduates with the skills to develop and implement technological tools in the classroom and prepares them to serve as technology leaders in their schools or districts.
Henrietta Siemens, Ph.D.
- Application form and fee
- Three references
- Statement of intent form
- Official transcripts verifying BA/BS degree
- Admission interview with program director