This professional certificate will prepare you to assist as a third party in negotiations between individuals or groups with conflicting perspectives, attitudes and/or actions. Curriculum and practice will prepare you to serve as a mediator who can help parties come to mutually acceptable agreements.
- Hands-on experience in mediation and facilitation
- Court-connected mediation opportunities
- Faculty experienced in family, criminal and civil mediation
This certificate will enable students to develop skills in mediation in preparation for professional or voluntary work in mediation. Individuals in leadership may also wish to use the certificate program to enhance their mediation skills in their continuing roles.
Peter Smith, Ph.D.
- Application form and fee
- Orientation interview with program director
- Three references
- Statement of intent
- Official transcripts verifying BA/BS degree
- Letter of explanation if GPA is below 2.75
- Writing sample indicating graduate-level proficiency