FPU’s teaching programs include coursework that provides students with an understanding of the history of schools, theories of teaching and learning, and methods of teaching. The program emphasizes training prospective teachers to teach the Common Core State Standards. Students apply what they learn in coursework to the practical challenges of teaching during their early field experience and student teaching. The credential program prepares candidates to teach in multilingual, multicultural communities. FPU’s credential programs are accredited by the California Commission on Teaching Credentialing (CCTC) and recognized by private schools, as well.
- Emphasis on application of theory to practice
- Student teaching cohort model with placement in partnering school districts
- Collaborative learning community and quality mentorship
- High rate of employment
Upon completion of the program requirements, candidates are recommended for a Preliminary Multiple Subjects Teaching Credential, allowing them to seek subject area teaching positions in elementary and middle schools.
- Online application and fee
- Teacher Education Addendum
- 3 reference forms
- Official transcripts
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Verification of current negative TB test (within last 12 months)
- Certificate of Clearance Official Passing results on Basic Skills Test
- Official Passing results on CSET