This certificate includes courses that will teach you the foundational concepts and skills of victim-offender reconciliation program (VORP) development, conflict management and restorative justice. This certificate is useful for those working in roles closely tied with the justice system and community-based organizations assisting in offender transitions, victim services or other restorative justice fields.
- Hands-on experience in mediation and facilitation
- Opportunities for hands-on experience with local victim-offender
- Faculty are founding members of victim/offender mediation program in Fresno and leaders of the movement
The purpose of this program is to prepare people to become trainers and leaders in developing victim-offender reconciliation and other restorative justice programs.
Peter Smith, Ph.D.
- Application form and fee
- Orientation interview with program director
- Three references
- Statement of intent
- Official transcripts verifying BA/BS degree
- Letter of explanation if GPA is below 2.75
- Writing sample indicating graduate-level proficiency