With the school counseling and school psychology dual program, you can complete your California pupil personnel services (PPS) credentials in school psychology and school counseling, and earn your master of arts in school counseling and school psychology. You’ll gain expertise in assessment and intervention, as well as the knowledge and skills to develop and implement comprehensive guidance and counseling programs. The third year of the program includes a 1,200-hour school psychology internship, along with master’s-level courses.
- Small class sizes
- Experienced and highly rated university faculty
- Blended schedule with courses in class and online
- Includes both academic classroom training and applied field experience
- Our grads are sought by top districts
Graduates are equipped with the necessary expertise in assessment and intervention, as well as the knowledge and skills to develop and implement comprehensive guidance and counseling programs as school counselors and school psychologists.
- Application form and fee
- Interview with program director
- Impromptu writing sample
- Statement of intent
- Three reference forms
- Successful completion of CBEST (credential requirement)
- GRE or MAT results
- Official transcripts verifying BA/BS degree*
- Valid California credential or Certificate of Clearance
- Verification of negative TB test (within last 12 months)
- Letter of explanation if GPA is under 2.75
* Candidates must bring unofficial transcripts from all universities/colleges attended to interview with program director.