In today’s job market, fluency in Spanish is a career advantage and a valuable asset to any organization. The Spanish program at Fresno Pacific University provides you with the necessary language and cultural understanding of Spanish-speaking countries around the world. In today’s globalized environment, there is a need to reach our neighbors in Latin America, as well as the increasing Spanish-speaking population in the U.S.
- Communicate orally in Spanish at an advanced level.
- Write in Spanish at an advanced level.
- Analyze a problem and synthesize a solution through appropriate research in Spanish.
- Integrate emerging technologies into research and communication in Spanish.
- Engage in critical thinking about topics related to Spanish language and culture.
- Describe the unique characteristics of Spanish-speaking cultures around the world.
The Spanish language and culture major offers our graduates tools that can be used in almost any profession, here and abroad. The widespread influence of Spanish demands professionals in all fields – marketing, education, community leadership, ministry and more.
Gina Ponce de Leon, Ph.D.
- Spanish language placement test (password: sunbirds1)
For more information, you may contact the program director Gina Ponce de Leon at email@example.com or 559-453-7183.