FPU at a Glance
Fresno Pacific University…
- …is a dynamic, growing university known for academic rigor, outstanding faculty and degrees that result in jobs.
- …is a non-profit, independent and unquestionably Christian university serving about 3,500 traditional-age undergraduate, adult degree completion and graduate students at the main campus in Southeast Fresno and regional centers in North Fresno, Visalia, Bakersfield and Merced.
- …offers continuing education courses to more than 8,000 education and business professionals across the country.
- …has a rich and engaging history dating back to 1944.
- …serves many students who are the first in their families to attend college, qualifies as a Hispanic-Serving Institution and is among the top 10 HSIs in the nation for graduating Hispanic students, according to The Chronicle of Higher Education.
- …has the highest four-year graduation rate in the region and offers four-year guarantee
- …features five ever-expanding schools, with the School of Business attracting the largest number of students.
- …focuses on preparing students for careers in medicine and the sciences through the School of Natural Sciences.
- …has built a reputation for programs in psychology and peace and conflict studies housed within the School of Humanities, Religion and Social Sciences.
- …has been long-known for the School of Education, whose graduates are sought out by school districts as first-choice teachers.
- …serves churches, para-church organizations and other ministries by preparing pastors, biblical scholars and marriage, family and child counselors through the Fresno Pacific Biblical Seminary.
- …facilitates the collaborative service efforts of community organizations through the newly-launched Center for Community Transformation.
- …is an institution where more than 80 percent of professors hold doctorates.
- …is a place where intimate class sizes encourage faculty and students to build lifelong relationships.
- …is known for Sunbird athletic teams that compete in 16 sports and have won national championships in women’s volleyball, men’s and women’s tennis and men’s swimming.
- …is moving into Division II of the NCAA, where it plays in the Pacific West conference.
- …is a Christian institution where all programs emphasize values, ethics and character development. We live our tagline—Empowering leaders. Transforming lives.—daily on each campus. U.S. News & World Report ranks FPU in the top tier in our category.