Friends gather locally to help people globally through the West Coast Mennonite Sale & Auction
The West Coast Mennonite Sale & Auction for World Relief celebrates 42 years of helping people around the world while enjoying friends and family right here April 3 and 4, 2009, at Fresno Pacific University, on Chestnut Avenue in Fresno, south of the Butler Avenue intersection. The theme is "Caring in the Name of Christ."
Recent sales have raised more than $200,000 each for world relief through the sale of quilts, antiques, international and domestic crafts, classic cars, books, furniture and food. Activities include:
* The auction of more than 500 quilts and comforters.
* Food from traditional favorites like Verenika, German sausage and tri-tip to dishes from Asia and Mexico.
* Crafts from Ten Thousand Villages handmade by people in many countries.
* Children's activities like the Penny Power exhibit. Bring jars, bottles and pockets full of change to the information booth to help clinics in Congo.
* Antiques of all kinds.
* A 1972 Porsche 914 automobile.
* Fine art, including sculpture by Margaret Hudson and Lynette Ratzlaff.
* Used books and many varieties of colorful plants.
The sale is organized by the West Coast Mennonite Central Committee, part of an international organization dedicated to answering human needs "In the name of Christ."
Join thousands of people who respond with joy and compassion to those suffering human-made and natural disasters.
MCC West Coast is headquartered in Reedley. For more information on any of its services, call 559-638-6911 or e-mail email@example.com. In Fresno, call 453-0522. The sale website is westcoastmccsale.org.