Vietnam Short Term Study Abroad
May 13 - May 30, 2014
Spend 17 days in exotic, safe Vietnam.
- Visit historic, religious and cultural sites.
- Learn about the "American War."
- Learn about capitalism and globalization from one of the most rapidly changing societies in Asia.
- Earn 3-6 units for FPU Focus Series and GE/major/minor credit.
May 13 - 30, 2014 (17 days in Vietnam)
Our itinerary includes Hanoi, Ha Long Bay, Mai Chau, Hue, Hoi An, DaNang and much more!
Approximately $2200 for traditional full-time undergraduate students; same cost for students from other colleges or alumni, faculty and staff.
- Round trip airfaire
- Most food
- All housing
- All in-country transportation
- All entrance fees
Other costs ($100 - $300):
- Optional shots
- December 2, 2013 - $100 deposit and completed application form due
- January 1, 2014 - Recommended date for applying for U.S. passport (required)
- February 15, 2014 - $1000 due (for plane ticket)
- April 15, 2014 - Balance due
- May 13, 2014 - Depart for Vietnam
- May 30, 2014 - Return from Vietnam
FPU Course Credit Options
1 – 6 units of credit including all GE Focus Series requirements and 3 units major credit in history, business and social science secondary teaching.
- ICS 300: Short Term Study Abroad - Vietnam (1 unit)
- HIS 408: History and Culture of Contemporary Vietnam (3 units) Please see Ken Friesen.
- INTB 370: International Business (3 units) Please see Jim Bryan.
The trip is now full, though there may be room if anyone decides not to go. If you would like to be put on a waiting list please contact Ken Martens Friesen at firstname.lastname@example.org.