The internship program at FPU provides a valuable opportunity for both employers and students. Employers gain a committed staff member chosen from a pool of highly motivated and talented students who can complete projects and assignments in a cost-effective manner. Internships also offer employers a way to recruit, screen and train potential permanent employees at a reduced cost before making a long-term commitment.
As an employer participating in the internship program, you provide students with the valuable opportunity to develop practical skills and knowledge in a real work setting--an experience they are able to put on their resumes.
Employers are required to:
- Provide regular supervision to the intern.
- Have expertise in the area in which the intern is working.
- Complete an evaluation of the intern's work.
- Work with the intern to develop their learning objectives by providing projects and activities.
Interns may work as regular part-time or full-time employees while earning academic credit. Each unit of credit requires 60 hours of internship.
How to Hire an Intern:
- Call the CSC Director at 559-453-2220 to discuss your interest in an intern.
- Develop a job description for the internship. In the description include the duties, requirements and application procedure.
- Send your internship announcement to us in one of the following ways:
- Follow your internship hiring practices.
- A university representative will visit your site during the student's internship.