Adjunct Faculty in Computer Information Systems
Start date: Every six weeks as needed
Adjunct Faculty position in the School of Natural Sciences. Locations are the Fresno Pacific University North Fresno and Main Campuses.
The Computer Information Systems (CIS) program at Fresno Pacific University serves students with existing undergraduate credit to help them earn a bachelor’s degree and join a workforce fully prepared for service in computing and related fields. The School of Natural Sciences is currently looking for adjunct faculty to teach the courses in the following areas:
- Operating Systems
- Data Communications and Networks
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Database Management
- Systems and Network Security
- Provide competent instruction to students in upper division undergraduate courses in CIS;
- Facilitate team-based projects of classroom and applied courses;
- Utilize the university online learning management system for teaching and assessment;
- Promote positive and productive relationships with businesses and nonprofit agencies;
- Report concerns to CIS program director and contribute to continuous improvement of the program;
- Evidence of success in teaching, or evidence of significant potential;
- The following minimum requirements from an accredited college or university:
- Terminal degree (Ph.D.) in the academic field being taught, OR
- Master's degree in information systems, computer science, engineering, or related field OR
- Master's degree in a related academic field with 18 graduate semester hours in the academic field being taught.
- Certification in online/blended teaching; available through the university’s Center for Online Learning.
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the University’s mission of Christ-centered teaching and learning and involvement in a local church.
- Adult college-level teaching experience;
- Industry or nonprofit agency experience;
- Experience teaching in online or blended modalities.
Dependent on qualifications and experience.
Send a letter of application, a completed adjunct faculty application (including personal statements), curriculum vita, three letters of reference (including one pastoral), transcripts or placement file to:
Dr. Tara Sirvent
Dean, School of Natural Sciences
Fresno Pacific University
1717 S. Chestnut Avenue, Box 2304
Fresno, CA 93702
OR: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Fresno Pacific University is the only accredited Christian university founded in the Central Valley. FPU connects every student’s untapped potential with unlimited opportunity for professional, personal and ethical growth. FPU offers undergraduate, graduate and seminary programs that stress solid academic preparation and a strong ethical foundation to more than 3,500 traditional and adult students on the main campus in southeast Fresno and regional campuses in North Fresno, Visalia, Bakersfield and Merced as well as online. The university also reaches about 8,000 students through professional development studies. FPU has the highest four-year graduation rate of any Central Valley college or university, and is a Hispanic Serving Institution, with a Hispanic student population of 47 percent. FPU is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and ranked in the top tier among western universities—master’s category by U.S. News & World Report. Both U.S. News and Washington Monthly include FPU on their “Best Value” and “Best Bang for the Buck” lists, U.S. News places it at number 13 in its category for student social mobility and Money has ranked it at number 11 among 50 Best Colleges for Transfer Students. FPU is affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Church, and all employees express a personal Christian commitment and support the Christian mission of the university. A description of the unique quality of FPU as an academic community can be found in the Fresno Pacific Idea here.
Fresno Pacific University is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, sex, age, or disability. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply.
The university reserves the right to fill positions before the application deadline or to extend the deadline as circumstances may warrant.